- New Patient Consultation
- Massage Therapy
- Laser Light Therapy
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Permanent Makeup
Safe, effective Microneedling in Lambertville
Microneedling is a skin rejuvenation procedure that involves pricking the skin with tiny, sterile needles. This creates “micro-wounds” in the skin, which trigger your body’s natural healing response. This induces collagen growth, which keeps your skin strong, smooth, firm, and healthy!
At Angie Scott Skin Health, we use the Amiea Med microneedling technique, which calls for needle insertion to a depth of 0.5 -1.0mm. This is much safer than traditional microneedling— while still effective for boosting collagen production and reducing wrinkles, pigmentation, and scarring.
What It Treats
Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Female or Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
Microneedling boosts collagen production for the long-run. Many patients report enjoying the benefits of microneedling for years, although some patients do receive maintenance treatments to continue revitalizing their skin.
Why Try Microneedling in Lambertville?
Increase Collagen Production
The microneedling process is performed to encourage skin rejuvenation, your own skin cells do the work by generating new collagen, which leads to brighter, smoother skin.
Treat Texture From Within
Skincare products alone can't treat texture like microneedling. This treatment uses the power of your body's natural healing to induce collagen production and resurface your skin.
Microneedling in Lambertville is a simple yet effective treatment for scarring and other texture problems. However, it's also very affordable given how much "heavy lifting" it can do.
The Microneedling Process.
What to Expect?
At Angie Scott Medical Aesthetics, consultations are where we truly get to know you. We’ll listen to all of your concerns, assess the current condition of your skin, and work with you to determine a treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and budget. From beginning to end, you’ll have our full attention and will be treated as a respected and valued guest of our office.
Book Your Appointment.
Our front desk staff will book your treatment for a day and time that works best for you. Then, we’ll provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your appointment to help optimize your results.
Arrive For Treatment.
When you arrive, you’ll be invited to one of our comfortable and relaxing treatment rooms. We’ll give you a comprehensive review of the treatment, make sure you understand what to expect, and answer any and all of your questions.
Sit Back and Relax.
Your aesthetician will treat you evenly and accurately. Our team is expertly educated and trained on the best techniques to ensure we meet your high standards and expectations. During microneedling, you’re free to listen to music, chat with your aesthetician, or simply lay back and relax.
Once the microneedling treatment is complete, we will assess the treated area and give you a brief review of your post-treatment instructions. At this time, we’ll book any follow-up appointments needed to maintain your overall treatment plan and help you make the most of your results!
To prepare for microneedling in Lambertville, we suggest:
- Avoid the use of retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, AHAs (e.g. glycolic acid) and BHAs (e.g. salicylic acid), and other topical agents that increase skin sensitivity for at least a week before your treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory and blood thinning medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, ginkgo, vitamin E, fish oil, etc. for at least 3 days to avoid interference with the natural inflammatory process.
- Do not have any IPL/Laser procedures for two weeks prior.
- Avoid sun exposure and all tanning methods for at least two weeks.
- Do not wax, epilate, use electrolysis, or any other hair removal methods on the treatment area for at least a week prior.
- Do not shave the treatment area the day of the procedure to avoid irritation. If you have dense hair, closely shave the area the day before your appointment.
- Ensure you are properly hydrated as this helps the healing process.
- Tell your specialist if you have been on Accutane in the last six months or if you are prone to cold sores.
- Please arrive with a bare treatment area, clean of any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, perfume, or sunscreen.
Following microneedling in Lambertville, it is important to:
- Avoid using anti-inflammatory medications (ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, etc.) for at least a week. You may use Tylenol for any soreness.
- Wait at least 4 hours, then gently wash with a gentle cleanser and cool water, using only clean hands.
- Do NOT ice the face or use any arnica or bromelain to avoid interfering with the natural inflammatory process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise that causes sweating, as well as saunas, jacuzzis, and steam baths for at least 48 hours.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed for 2 to 3 days.
- Do NOT pick, scratch, or scrub any peeling or flaking skin. Allow this to occur naturally and keep skin moisturized at all times with a hyaluronic acid serum.
- Avoid topical skincare and Retin-A products for 5 days or until skin is no longer irritated.
- Schedule follow up and repeat treatments after 4 to 6 weeks to continue to see results!
Frequently Asked Questions.
Does microneedling hurt?
How long does it take to see results from microneedling?
How many microneedling treatments do I need?
Is there any reason why someone shouldn't have an microneedling treatment?
Your Virtual Consultation
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.